ETS2 – [Official] Momo’S Physics 7 Mini (1.34.x)
[Official] Momo’S Physics 7 Mini mod for ETS2 1.34.x.
In real life, trucks do not rock heavily like a boat. But they are not as solid as a rock either. So a good realistic physics mod has to give you the right behavior of a truck suspension, not too shaky and not too steady. I believe this mod is very true to real life. The rest is up to the in-game road surfaces, which unfortunately are smoother than glass.
WHY MINI ?
Since the game patch 1.33, SCS has implemented a whole new physics base. It is a big improvement on truck physics and players can feel the difference clearly, especially when using the console command “g_truck_stability 0” and “g_suspension_stiffness 0”. SCS has taken the truck physics closer to real life.
As a result, physics modders have less work to do with the physics, because the new vanilla phyiscs is now right (or almost) in most parts, leaving very little room for modders to improve.
But i am so glad. Because as a lazy modder, i always dream of the day that SCS’ physics is perfect out of the box, that i can just go straight to play without having to lose a lot of my time modding the game.
WHAT CHANGE ?
This mod is very light, it only tweaks a few things so that you don’t have to worry about the console commands anymore. It keeps everything that SCS has done well, and it changes just a few things necessary.
– Soften the front suspension by about 50%.
– Soften the sway bar by about 80%
– Built in Air Ride B. (Any other Air Ride of your choice will overwrite this if placed higher)
* 8×4 remains vanilla to prevent hitting the ground.
* This mod deals with the “sway bar” (anti-roll) bar directly, not the center of gravity of the truck like “g_truck_stability” command. If you reduce g_truck_stability by yourself you risk your truck to flip.
That’s it, nothing else changed. This mod is ideal for people who do not want to change the game much. (I don’t make a video for this mod because not much changed).
– Patch 1.34 and 1.33
– All SCS trucks of ETS2 (The new MAN is also included).
– All my Air Ride mods (The Air Ride mods must be higher)
Highly recommended to use the default value of “g_truck_stability” and “g_suspension_stiffness”.
MODDED TRUCK COMPATIBILITY
Sorry, i am a lazy modder. You need to add your modded truck to my mod’s folder by:
1. Make sure your modded truck is the latest version and compatible with 1.33.
2. Find and open your modded truck’s folders named ” def > vehicle > truck > (truck name such as scania RJL)”
3. Delete all folders inside the (truck name) folder except the “chassis” folder.
4. Copy the (truck name) folder, together with the chassis folder inside it.
5. Find my mod folder, and paste in my mod folder at the same path. (def > vehicle > truck > (paste it here).
6. Open the chassis folder that you have just pasted it. You should see files names 4×2, 6×2, 6×4 etc. You need to open each of them with Notepad or Wordpad and find the line “residual travel” (there should be 2 or 3 of it per file), then change the value number next to “residual travel” to match the value in my mod (open the other trucks to see my value).
7. Save every file you changed.
8. Done. Test it in the game. (my mod must be higher than your truck mods).
** Do the steps with a copy of your truck mod, do not do the steps with your original truck mod. **
** In case your mod is in a zipped or compressed file, you need 7-Zip software to open. **
TIPS FOR REALISM (not required)
For sound realism
– “s_interior_volume 0.5” (Because modern trucks’ cabins are quiet.)
– “s_wheel_noise 0.5” (Reduce the arcade tire sound)
– “s_air_noise 3” (Feel the wind hitting your windshield)
Credit(s):MomoFile Detail:126 KB / SCS
ETS2 – [Official] Momo’S Physics 7 Mini (1.34.x) Download File